Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduler stopped checking for one hour?

2002-04-30 15:35:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduler stopped checking for one hour?
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:35:44 -0400
We had a complaint from one of the server admins that a backup which
faithfully starts at or close to 2 AM didn't start until after 3 AM.
Resources were available, in fact, the tape drive graph show a drop to
only one in use.  Our wake-up interval is every 10 minutes, and like
clockwork when there are active schedules, there are "find_work" entries
in the bpsched log files.  Then last night, for one hour, there are no
"find_work" entries.  A full set at 01:55, and another at 03:05, and
none in between.  Is that evidence that the scheduler stopped checking
for an hour?  If it is, can you think of any reason why the scheduler
stopped checking for work for one hour last night?   Our environment is
NB 3.2GA on Solaris 2.7.  Thanks in advance for any feedback....Gerrit