Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] finding which tape is in the drive

2002-04-25 17:20:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] finding which tape is in the drive
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:20:28 -0500
Is there an easy way (cmdline) to find which tape is in the drive
for a stand alone tape drive? My goal is to write a quick script
to expire the images on that tape using bpexpdate -ev, but I need
to know which one is in there. We have 3 weeks of tapes for this
test lab environment (one per day), retention set to 3 weeks,
so the images on the tapes would be expiring about 8 hours after
the run starts for the night. Not my design -- they just asked me
to fix it.

Charles Ballowe                    /"\
Unix System Administrator          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
cballowe AT usg DOT com                    X      Against HTML Mail
x3896                              / \