Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RESTORE PROBLEMS !

2002-04-24 14:03:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RESTORE PROBLEMS !
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:03:43 -0700 (PDT)
> Hi,
>
> When I try to perform a restore from a media server, the restores take a lot
> of
> time to be started.
>
> The tape is mounted properly, the problem is with the positioning of the
> media.
> It might take even from 30 minutes to 2 hours to start the restore.
>
> Any idea why this might be happening and how can I solve it ?
>
> It looks like the tape is scanned first and the backup started after the files
> to be restored and found.
> This only happens for my media servers.  The master server works fine.

What's your tape media, and what's the OS of your media servers?

I've seen this problem with DLT media before on Solaris.  It was due to
an incorrect st.conf.  Fixing that up fixed the time waits.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company
          < How are you gentlemen!! Take off every '.SIG'!! >