Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Images not available for restores after importing expired media

2002-03-28 14:05:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Images not available for restores after importing expired media
From: eugene.m.arnold-jr AT boeing DOT com (Arnold-Jr, Eugene M)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:05:43 -0600
I am the SA for a backup server and am currently subbing for our backup
administrator.

The backup administrator had previously froze some backup tapes.
The tapes eventually expired and she imported them using the images pulldown
menu on the Backup Administration motif GUI under Netbackup 3.4.

All the images are in the image database when I cd to the image database
directory.

The problem is when I try to restore the images or change the retention
period using the bpexpdate command, it says that the images are not found.

When I run the bpimagelist -ev mediaID -mcontents command, it displays all
the image IDs for that mediaID.

So it appears the images are there, but none of them appear to be
retriveable using the standard NetBackup commands or GUIs.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to retrieve this data?

TIA
emajr