Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduler exiting - no storage units available

2002-03-28 13:47:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduler exiting - no storage units available
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:47:56 -0800
Also make sure the tapes haven't gone over their max mounts, and that you
haven't set a manual 'expire date' that has passed (both are in the java gui
under 'Media and Device Management').

Best of luck,

-dd

>>> "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com> 03/28/02 09:35AM

I'm most familiar with the X-GUI- when you define the class, there's a
pulldown for the storage unit and one choice should be "any_available".  I
just choose it there and then don't specify any changes in the individual
schedule setups (where there's an opportunity to override the class
setting).

If you've got a volume in a pool, and you wish to reassign the tape to
another pool, then you can use:
  vmchange -p <poolnum> -m <tapenum>

...to change it.  You can get the pool numbers from "vmpool -listall"

If the tape isn't empty, then you either have to wait for all the images to
expire or force them to expire with bpexpdate:

  bpexpdate -d 0 -force -ev <tapenum>

Hope this helps.

-Mark