Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media to master

2002-03-28 08:08:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media to master
From: Dale_Kramer AT steris DOT com (Kramer, Dale)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:08:23 -0500
Right now we have 2 datacenters with media servers and tape libraries in
each data center.  The master is located in our main data center.  One
of the media servers in the recovery datacenter controls the robot for
the recovery center.  The master controls the robot in the main data
center.  If we had to recover our master to this media server would it
be a process of just restoring the catalog files?  Please don't say use
2 masters, I would love that but it's not possible right this moment.

Dale P. Kramer
Senior Enterprise Systems Analyst
x27082

When you are standing at the edge of a cliff, a step forward is not
progress.