Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 54 Solaris client

2002-03-27 15:58:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 54 Solaris client
From: denis AT kapusta DOT com (Denis Petrov)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:58:30 -0800
Hello..
I am trying to figure out the problem with random error 54 on the Unix
client.
Client Setup Solaris 8, NBU 3.4. Multiple NIC's and NFS mounts.
I have 15 streams setup for this client that are getting written to 4 tape
drives. Each of those streams backups an NFS mount.
The problem is this:  I am getting errors 54, but backup for some of the
mounts will complete on the second or third try.  We added few lines in the
bp.conf file hoping that it will resolve those issues
clients bp.conf
SERVER = Masterserver
CLIENT = Client
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 1800
REQUIRED_INTERFACE = hostname for backup interface (I was thinking to put IP
address instead of the name)
That did not solve the problem. We tested name resolution using NBU commands
no errors there.   When we tried to flood the network using ping -f ,  it
did not loose a single packet..In Addition when Master and Server connects,
backups are getting completed with out any issues.   I have no more Ideas or
things to try.  If anybody had similar problems and was able to fix it
please let me know how you did it .

Thank you

Denis