Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I inventory an L280 with no barcode reader

2002-03-27 15:10:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I inventory an L280 with no barcode reader
From: Shyam.Raghavan AT weac DOT com (Raghavan, Shyam)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:10:31 -0800
Hello Group,

I am  trying to setup a Netbackup server for Disaster recovery and
configured this  server on a private network  with an L280 Auto loader with
one DLT7000 drive in it. This L280 doesn't have a barcode reader and I was
unable to inventory the L280 through the xvmadm utility.  When I hit the
button "Show robot contents" it comes back to the window with no tape
details.

Do I need to specify some where that the L280 doesn't have a barcode reader
?

I am using Netbackup DC 3.4 on Solaris 2.6

Thanks,
Shyam.