Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: bpexpdate woes

2002-03-27 11:06:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: bpexpdate woes
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:06:13 -0800 (PST)
Well, I would look to see if in fact this Media has
been assigned in the Media Manager.  From the command
line, I'd do the following:

vmquery -m $MEDIAID -bx |tail +4| awk '{print $1, $12}'

if the second field = --- then it it unassigned.  If
there is a date value in it, then MM has it assigned to
some media server, or at least it thinks it does.

How many media servers do you have?

Next I would:

bpmedialist -ev $MEDIAID -U

If you have more than one media server it will hit
every one of them with this command.

If you get nothing back but requested media not
found...then I'd probably for sanity sake perform a
phase 1 import on this guy to see what if anything is
on it.

If you finally feel that this is a tape that should be
blank and you are 100% positive, then you may deassign
this by using the vmquery command.

vmquery -deassignbyid $MEDIAID <poolnum> <status>

Good luck

David

Quoting kk downing <kk_downings AT yahoo DOT com>:

> Yesterday I tried to expire these using:
>
> ./bpexpdate -ev NTB055 -d 0 -host tapehost
>
> and I am getting the error:
>
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
> and/or MM volume database
>
> However when I look at the media problem reports I see
> Netbackup tried to allocate the tape last nite and got
> this error:
>
> tapehost media id NTB055 is in a DOWN drive,
> misplaced, or unmountable; attempting retry
> with different media id
>
> The drive is not down and I can see in the library
> that this tape is in a visible slot. This tape is not
> listed in the media list report anymore(it was
> yesterday) but it does show up when running the the
> xvmadm utility. From xvmadm I can see the slot is
> correct as is the robot type TLD, media type and
> volume group. Can anyone shed some light on this? I
> would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

> http://movies.yahoo.com/

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting