Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media ID not found in NB media database

2002-03-26 18:14:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media ID not found in NB media database
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:14:24 -0600
If you're not running the command from the media server that the media is
assigned to, you have to add the -host option.

- Scott

                    kk downing

                    <kk_downings AT yahoo DOT com>              To:
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] media ID not found in NB media database
                    auburn.edu

                    03/26/2002 04:30 PM

I have run the mdeida list report and I can see a tape
with a media ID of NBT045 that is currently full. What
I am trying to do is expire the tape as I am out of
media and in a pinch. However when I attempt the
followi

 ./bpexpdate -ev NBT045 -d 0

I get the following error:
equested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume database

How can this occur if a media report obviously knows
about this media ID? If anyone could give me some feed
back I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks