Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Backing up lots of small remote sites.

2002-03-25 16:29:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Backing up lots of small remote sites.
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:29:32 -0800 (PST)
Rsync is a program.   You can run it once an hour, once a day, or once a
week etc... depending on your needs.   The main point is that it does not
transfer a file unless that file has changed at the remote site, thus
keeping bandwidth down to a bare minimum.   It can also be instructed to
compress the file transfer if desired.

I was sceptical at first, but my experience has been very positive with
this method.

Regards,

Jon