Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Backing up lots of small remote sites.

2002-03-25 16:09:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Backing up lots of small remote sites.
From: anderson.david AT scrippshealth DOT org (Anderson, David)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:09:10 -0800
Hmmmm....Does "rsync" refer to a product or methodology?  Does "rsync" mean
that it has an image some place else (like a matching server at a major
corporate location)?  Generally, directory and file synchronization is big
overhead, especially if you are migrating every change (as opposed to a
scheduled event) across the link.  This kind of thing usually means that
other applications that have to use that link are degraded, sometimes
seriously.

David Anderson
Scripps