Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media ID Prefix.

2002-03-25 15:57:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media ID Prefix.
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:57:59 -0800
Hi
i have a scenario where i have one master server and two media servers.I have
updated the vm.conf file on both media server and add the following entery

MEDIA_ID_PREFIX = PAR
MEDIA_ID_PREFIX = CHIS

Both media servers are running on Solaris 8 and have DLT 8000 standalone dlt
drive. My master server is also Solaris 8  and is acting as volume database
host too.
 My understaning is this that when we the new media will be added in to those
media server then that PRefix par and chis will appear in the media names . But
i am getting the default one A00000 and A00001.

Do i need to update any more file or i am doing something wrong. I want that
the media ids appear on the volumedatabase host different for different media
servers.

thanks
atif