Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring images

2002-03-23 11:14:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring images
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:14:21 -0600
I'm sure they're probably unassigned by now, but in the future you can use
"bpexpdate -deassignempty" to do this.  Use "bpexpdate -help" for options that
can be used with this.

- Scott

                    "Donaldson, Mark"

                    <[email protected]        To:     "Veritasbu
(E-mail)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    om>                                  cc:

                    Sent by:                             Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Expiring images
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.

                    auburn.edu

                    03/22/2002 10:47 AM

I just expired a bunch of images using bpexpdate -backupid <id> -d 0.

If I then query the tape number using bpimmedia, there is no images on the
tape.  If I use vmquery to query the tape number, though, the tape still shows
up as assigned.  I figure that there's a delay between expiring the images and
the tape being made available for reuse.  Is this the case?  Is there a way to
speed up the process?

-Mark

   Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems Engineer
   Experian EMS - Denver Colorado
   Linux? Wasn't that the kid with the blanket?