Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] max 4 concurrent streams for ndmp

2002-03-23 10:34:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] max 4 concurrent streams for ndmp
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 09:34:33 -0600
Look at the Max Jobs per Client in the Global NetBackup Attributes (also, this
can be overridden for one or more specified clients, but is same for everyone
by default.  see SA guide for instructions on how to do this) and the Max Jobs
per Class configured for the class.

- Scott

                    "Jeff Kennedy"

                    <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com>                 To:     NBU
List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] max 4 concurrent streams for ndmp
                    auburn.edu

                    03/22/2002 09:54 PM

I have 6 fcal drives attached to an R100 via the ATL FC230 card (P3000
library).  I gave the storage unit all 6 drives in the max concurrent
drives.  There's nowhere else I can find a stream/drive use number but
when the backup kicks off only 4 jobs are active, the rest are queued.
I have 14 streams so I have enough to keep the drives busy.  Each stream
has a NEW_STREAM directive before it as well.

Is this simply a NBU limitation on ndmp or am I missing something
obvious?

Thanks.

~JK