Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] max 4 concurrent streams for ndmp

2002-03-22 22:54:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] max 4 concurrent streams for ndmp
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:54:39 -0800
I have 6 fcal drives attached to an R100 via the ATL FC230 card (P3000
library).  I gave the storage unit all 6 drives in the max concurrent
drives.  There's nowhere else I can find a stream/drive use number but
when the backup kicks off only 4 jobs are active, the rest are queued.
I have 14 streams so I have enough to keep the drives busy.  Each stream
has a NEW_STREAM directive before it as well.

Is this simply a NBU limitation on ndmp or am I missing something
obvious?

Thanks.

~JK