Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] what is the safe value for "max number of jobs" for a client

2002-03-21 16:58:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] what is the safe value for "max number of jobs" for a client
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:58:25 -0500 (EST)
That depends on how fast the filesystems are.

Since you're limited by the 100Mb, you'll probably only end up with a
couple filesystems running at one time.  You can keep one tape drive
busy, or two drives partially busy.0

The number of filesystems you run at once (once you get over one or
two) is probably not going to make any difference on how long it takes
to run the backup.  A 100Mb NIC only runs around 8MB/s, so that's all
you're going to get no matter what you try to do on either end.