Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] downed drives

2002-03-20 11:04:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] downed drives
From: Paul.Jolinda AT mayo DOT edu (Paul, Jolinda D.)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:04:12 -0500
I have Win2K Master server cluster.  I recently added a new media server to
my NetBackup config.  It is a Windows 2000 Adv server using SAN storage and
backing up over the SAN fabric to a TL895 library with DLT 7000 drives.  I
have this server mapped to drives 3 and 4 in one of the libraries.  I am
certain that my drive assignments are correct because I add them to Media
Manager by serial number, not B-T-L.  I have the class set to use multi data
streams.  Every time the backups kick off for this server,  they backup fine
to drive 3, but constantly down drive 4.  I cannot find any errors in the
Problems report that indicate why this is happening.  I have logging turned
on at this media server.  What else and where else can I check to see what
is going on with this drive?  Thanks.

J Paul