Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple backup stream from client.

2002-03-15 10:02:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple backup stream from client.
From: smatthews AT npc DOT net (Steve Matthews)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:02:38 -0500
Hi again,

This is what I was referring to in my response yesterday. You can't do
multiple streams to one tape drive via a "User Backup" from the client. It's
impossible according to Veritas. You can kick off multiple bpbackup requests
to emulate multiple streams and go to multiple drives (i.e. one stream per
drive), but if you are trying to go to one tape drive with multiple streams,
the other 3 bpbackup's you refer to below will stay "queued" as you are
experiencing. I was trying to do the same thing with a 1.5TB weekend backup
with 9 streams against 3 drives and was never successful even after talking
to Veritas.

Steve