Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Job Priorities

2002-03-12 12:46:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Job Priorities
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:46:01 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C9ED.C6796080

A lot of my early problems with Netbackup were related to incorrectly built
storage pools.  I was trying to keep a drive in reserve for ad-hoc backups
and restores.  I finally fixed all the problems by putting all the
same-density drives in the same pool.  Turns out that this is a NB
requirement.

Note, from the NB Manual, p24, v3.4.

- Drives with the same density must be in the same storage unit. For
example, if a
robot has two drives of the same density, add only a single storage unit for
the
robot.

- Drives with different densities must be in separate storage units. For
example, an
STK 9710 library configured in Media Manager as a Tape Library DLT (TLD) can
have both half-inch cartridge and DLT drives. Here, you must define a
separate
storage unit for each density.

-Mark