Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups

2002-03-06 19:03:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups
From: rickkeahey AT hotmail DOT com (Rick Keahey)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:03:56 -0800
We have many SAN's deployed and they have their own problems with the drive
persistancy issue.  We went away from SAN based backups and stayed with LAN
with gigabit adapters and get the same performance.  As for the database
edition, I am actually talking more than just databases.  We have large LUN
file systems as well that require the same type of SLA's sometimes.  Some of
these have database systems that there are no agents for and there is no
other way around doing this.  I don't have a problem doing what is suggested
below, but what I am looking for is cheaper hardware solutions than SAN's
such as what ATL just came out with the DX-30.

Thanks,
Rick