Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore?

2002-03-06 10:51:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore?
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:51:06 -0600
Either you are doing an alternate server restore and don't know it or the
media server did not back itself up and was backed up by this other media
server over the network.

To see if you are doing an alternate server restore see section in SA Guide
called "Server Independent Restores".

If the other media server backed it up and you don't want this to happen in
the future, configure the "must use local drive" option.  Easiest way to do
this is from the NetBackup Admin Console GUI.

- Scott

                    "Arterburn, Michael"

                    <Michael.Arterburn@ArvinMerit        To:     "'veritas-bu
AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'"
                    or.com>                              <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Restore?
                    auburn.edu

                    03/06/2002 09:24 AM

I have 11 media servers with 1 master and I was wondering how a restore
selects a media server.

If I am restoring a file that belongs to one media server, the actual restore
is able to select any media server it wants to restore that file.

Example:  mediaserver1 lost a file.  My restore will use mediaserver2 to put
the file back onto mediaserver1.

To me, this doesn't make any sense.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

     Michael Arterburn
     Arvin Meritor <<http://www.arvinmeritor.com>>
     Michael.Arterburn AT ArvinMeritor DOT com
     Phone: 812.379.3315
     Cell: 812.390.6508
     Pager: 812.370.1343

     From my PC... through the LAN...  over the data cables... to the ISP...