Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [Summary] NBU 3.2 to 3.4.x upgrade, deassigned volumes

2002-03-05 10:11:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [Summary] NBU 3.2 to 3.4.x upgrade, deassigned volumes
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:11:58 -0800 (PST)
I didn't really do an "upgrade," I loaded up a new system on a
separate set of hard drives and copied files forward. Problem was I
didn't bring ~netbackup/db/media/mediaDB forward.

I've been running on 3.4 for a couple weeks, so I have "other" tapes
no matter which media database I use. I've opted to bring my 3.2
media database forward and import the tapes that I've used since the
cut.

So far so good. I need to do vmquery -deassignbyid on these tapes to
make media manager forget about the tape being assigned (else the
import fails). Then I run bpimport -create_db_info to scan the tape
and resynchronize everything.

Thanks to the respondents to my question.