Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 134 Status Code

2002-03-04 18:47:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 134 Status Code
From: Carlos.Perales AT kellogg DOT com (Carlos Perales)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:47:53 -0600

At the beginning, I thought 134's were great because the backups got re-queued
and no backup was lost.

Later, I noticed that they were not helpful all the time, for example with DBs
backups.

What we do here is the following.

1. Shutdown the database.
2. Perform backup
3. Start database

I execute my backups like this

bpbackup -c [X] -w -f filelist.lst

With the "-w" option, I used to ensure that the database was not started until
the backup ended.
With this 134 code, NBU returns the control to the server and starts the backup.
Meanwhile at the NBU server, the backup is running.

Of course this backup will never work since the database was already up.

Any ideas how to control this ?
Is there a way to stop the bpbackup command of returning control to the server ?

Any parameter to change in order to avoid getting 134's ?
At the end, I guess its a problem to get 134s because this means that NBU is
trying to execute more things than it can right ?

Thanks!