Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-03-03 21:45:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: dongfang.liao AT rogers DOT com (Dongfang Liao)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:45:40 -0500
May be I misunderstand the question. If you are trying to increase the
performance for your ServerA's /export/home file system backup by adding
Serverb into your ServerA's class, it won't work. Once you have two clients
in one class, even the file system are same, NetBackup will run the backup
once for one client. you would have two copies of backup in this
configuration. And you also have to enable "Follow NFS Mounts" option.

Here are couple ways to increase performance for a big file system:

enable the multi-streaming
allow multiple jobs running on one client
enable the multiplexing
divide your class into several small classes

Thanks
ldf