Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Informix backups - onconfig file

2002-02-28 07:16:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Informix backups - onconfig file
From: Gavin.Kehlert AT mgxgroup DOT com (Gavin Kehlert)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:16:17 +0200
PLEASE HELP!

We are battling with an installation where a customer previously had Legato
installed. It seems we may have to make certain changes to the onconfig file in
order to get the backups running, currently they just hang after we kick them
off.

We have tried changing the following in the onconfig file:
BAR_BSALIB_PATH to /usr/lib/ibsad001.so (which points to the new library and we
have verified the symbolic link and the existence of the infxbsa.so file)
We also verified the fm_version file is correct

The Informix log contains the following entry:
Successfully connected to Storage Manager

The NBU logs directory "Infxbsa" contains the following entry:
Backups started with date and time displayed but nothing else happens

Previously with Legato running it displayed entries in the progress log within
a minute after kicking off but now we have none.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gavin Kehlert
VERITAS Software Engineer
MGX Storage Solutions
MGX Holdings Limited
126 - 14th Avenue, Erand Gardens,
Midrand; 1685
South Africa.
Switchboard: +27 11 695-2000
Direct: +27 11 695-2192
Fax: +27 11 695-2291
Mobile: +27 82 442-3094
Mailto: gavin.kehlert AT mgxgroup DOT com

This e-mail and attachments relating thereto, is intended for the
above-mentioned recipient. If you have received his e-mail in error, kindly
notify the sender and delete it immediately as it contains information relating
to the official business of MGX Holdings Ltd., which is confidential, legally
privileged and proprietary to MGX Holdings Ltd. MGX Holdings Ltd does not own
and endorse any other content. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail
are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being those of MGX Holdings
Ltd.