Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBDB_Duplicate

2002-02-28 15:54:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBDB_Duplicate
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:54:03 -0800 (PST)
First, find the pool number and status by running a vmquery against the
media:

vmquery -m <media ID>

Note the status and volume pool from this output.

Then you will need to run vmquery with the special -deassignbyid option:

vmquery   -deassignbyid <media_id> <pool_number> <status>

Here is an example from the man page:

      The following command deassigns volume A23456, which is in pool 1
      (NetBackup), with a status of 0:

      vmquery -deassignbyid A23456 1 0

You will then probably need to run bplabel so regular backups can be
written to this tape.   Remember to use the -p <pool> option if the media
ID is not in the netbackup pool.

I think the idea is to make it real touch to accidently write over a db
backup.

-Jon