Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HSM 3.4.1

2002-02-26 20:30:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HSM 3.4.1
From: vidit_k AT hotmail DOT com (vidit kohli)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:30:34
mark

thanks for good advise

one thing more, when we configure for 'ct' method it ask for volume label
registration. what should we do here, either leave them blank or label them
how?

vidit

From: Mark Erickson <Mark.Erickson AT veritas DOT com>
To: 'vidit kohli' <vidit_k AT hotmail DOT com>
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] HSM 3.4.1
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:15:27 -0500

Vidit,

If you have directly attached tapes then don't use the nb method which would
be slower and cause double the database size, since it will be in the HSM
database and NetBackups catalog.  Also by using the nb method you can't
consolidate the media.  I would suggest that you stay with two ct-tape
methods instead.

Mark