Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] problem with solaris2.6 client

2002-02-25 09:15:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] problem with solaris2.6 client
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:15:17 -0500
Jeff Maley wrote:

> we have a client running 2.6 and nbu 3.4. it was generating error 24
> consistently, so i rm'd the openv dir and reinstalled. now, bpcd isn't
> getting started by inetd. the lines in /etc/inetd.conf are correct. if i
> try to start bpcd (as root), i get the following:
>
> setsockopt: Socket operation on non-socket
>
> has anyone seen this? any suggestions?

 I ran into this not too long ago.  In my particular case, I'm using vopie
 authentication and some of the methods files were reset.  If I remember
 correctly, the names_deny.txt had an "ALL : ALL" at the end.  Since I
 primarily use the methods_allow.txt and methods_deny.txt for access
 crontrol, commenting out the entry in the names_deny.txt corrected the
 problem.

 John

--
 John Meyers