Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Files List

2002-02-21 12:28:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Files List
From: rlh AT lsil DOT com (Richard Hellier)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:28:52 +0000
--------------887C09490C43BB596B409C37

        ... why not just make ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES be the entire content
of the file list?

        This way the file list flexes as needed (i.e. automagically copes
with added / removed drives etc) and gives a "zero admin" solution.

You will have to pay attention to the # of data streams that arise
(by default, you'll get a job per filesystem) but this also is a
one-time
setting.

Cheers,

Richard.

"HF Skelly jr." wrote:

> Dave, I wrote a script published in SysAdmin mag to do just that.  You can
> pick up
> your copy at:
>
> http://www.backupcentral.com/mytools.html
>
> and look for the 'chopit' script.
>
> Good Luck,
> Hal Skelly

begin:vcard
n:Hellier;Richard
tel;pager:[+44] 7693-905798
tel;fax:[+44] 1344-413114
tel;work:[+44] 1344-413183
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:LSI Logic;GES UNIX Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:rlh AT lsil DOT com
adr;quoted-printable:;;Greenwood House=0D=0ALondon Road;Bracknell;BK;RG12 2UB;GB
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Richard Hellier
end:vcard

--------------887C09490C43BB596B409C37--