Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE question

2002-02-21 08:56:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE question
From: sibley_ken AT accorel DOT com (SIBLEY, Ken R. - ACCOREL)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:56:49 -0600
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE question
>

> I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this:
> Used REQUIRED_INTERFACE=`/usr/bin/hostname` instead of
> explicitly specifying
> the hostname in the client's bp.conf file.

I have used the REQUIRED_INTERFACE, but not instead
of the CLIENT option in bp.conf.  We had a client
name of XXXX in bp.conf (tied to our corporate
interface) and had a REQUIRED_INTERFACE=YYYY
which was tied to our private network interface.

We have VCS for a while and used the maintanence
IP/hostname for the client name for a while.
This allowed us to backup the host even when
the app had failed over/migrated.

Ken Sibley
Sr Unix Admin
Accor Economy Lodging