Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] hung tldd processes on Solaris NBU servers

2002-02-20 17:28:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] hung tldd processes on Solaris NBU servers
From: mike.powers AT abnamro DOT com (mike.powers AT abnamro DOT com)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:28:08 -0600
Oh this is a good one. We were having problems with hung  Netbackup
processes. We could only kill them with a reboot also.
We are running 3.2, Brocade, 9840, and Solaris 7 & 8. The problem was only
on the Sun side. The problem was that avrd looks for FCAW SG devices
in /devices/sbusXXX/fcawXX/sgXX. This was not a problem all the time, but
when the process would hang, it would take a drive with it. Veritas said we
need to run the sg.build and the sg.install scripts (page 45 media manager
config guide). After this we still did not have the SG devices created. We
decided to upgrade the JNI HBA driver to the latest level and after another
reboot, the SG devices were there. Do more problems and no more hung
processes.

Mike

chad.haywood AT storability DOT [email protected] on 02/20/2002
03:12:10
PM

Sent by:  veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu