Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] hung tldd processes on Solaris NBU servers

2002-02-20 16:12:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] hung tldd processes on Solaris NBU servers
From: chad.haywood AT storability DOT com (chad.haywood AT storability DOT com)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:12:10 -0500
Hi,

We manage several NBU 3.4.1 servers running on Solaris 7 & 8 E3500s using
STK L700 libraries containing a dozen fibre channel 9840A tape drives (
directly attached to Brocade fabrics, no Crossroads type FC<->SCSI
bridges).
Several times a week we wind up with down drives due to hung tldd
processes.  We can't get rid of these processes even with a kill -9, only
rebooting seems to clean them up.
Veritas is telling us it's a Solaris system call problem.  Is anyone else
experiencing anything similar on Solaris (or any other UNIX variant)?

Thanks,
Chad