Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] UNIX client using NDMP storage units

2002-02-19 18:06:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] UNIX client using NDMP storage units
From: brett.piatt AT teradyne DOT com (Brett Piatt)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:06:50 -0800
I have several UNIX clients that are configured to only use the Media
Manager storage unit connected to my UNIX server (The storage unit has 2
tape devices in it). But during weekend backups when activity is high a
UNIX client will use an NDMP storage unit.

The problem is this creates a slow backup and the other tape device that
is directly attached to the UNIX server does not get used.

Also when this happens the name of the tape drive in the Device Monitor
window (jnbSA) changes from the Name of the NDMP server to the name of
the UNIX server.

All of my storage units are set for ON DEMAND ONLY.

Has anyone had this problem and does anyone have any ideas how to fix
it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett Piatt