Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] reusing media

2002-02-19 13:18:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] reusing media
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:18:12 -0800
HI
you have to delete the imgaes on those tapes using bpexpdate. An example of
this is
$NBU_Installtion directory/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -d 0 - ev media ID
[-host hostname]

regards atif

>>> "Roger Patrick" <roger AT rogerpatrick DOT com> 02/19/02 10:00AM >>>
Configuration.

Solaris 8, standalone drives connected via scsi.

Question.

I have some tapes that have useless backups on them due to an configuration
problem of my st.conf file.  How do I go about changing the status of these
tapes from active to available.  Basically I want to be able to reuse media.
If I try to delete the tapes in hopes to re-label them (making them available
again to netbackup), I receive the error message, unable to delete the tape is
assigned.  How would I accomplish this?

Thanks,

StickyBit.