Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT drive compression on Windows 2000?

2002-02-15 15:30:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT drive compression on Windows 2000?
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:30:09 -0500
We have a variety of Tru64 UNIX, Windows 2000, and Windows NT servers all
sharing a Compaq TL895 tape library on a SAN. For the most part, this is
working fine.

The one problem is that the Windows 2000 servers don't seem to be using the
hardware compression on the DLT drives. The NT server and the UNIX servers
all are, but tapes written by the '2000 servers are coming up uncompressed.

We can't find any settings any place for this on either the Veritas or
device driver sides. Veritas and Compaq have pointed fingers at each other.

Any ideas?
                                                - Bluejay Adametz

Be nice to the people on the way up, you may meet them again on the way
down.