Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error # 96 with Seagate LTO Drives with "INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM" err or in /var/adm/messages

2002-02-15 14:58:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error # 96 with Seagate LTO Drives with "INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM" err or in /var/adm/messages
From: Shyam.Raghavan AT weac DOT com (Raghavan, Shyam)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:58:44 -0800
I forgot to mention that I was using the LTO tapes without a barcode label.
I tried using one of the DLT barcode label on a LTO tape ,but in both the
cases, it was giving "INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM" error when I tried to mount it
through the "robtest" utility.

Does any one know if  it's possible to use the LTO tapes without a barcode
label ? OR if  the barcode labels are a must, then, is there anything
special about the LTO barcode label which specifies the media type ?

Thanks.......