Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java Bug?

2002-02-14 13:14:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java Bug?
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:14:17 -0600
I'm sitting on site with a client and they showed me their Java interface as
they tried to duplicate an image that was backed up.  They are using GDM.
When they open up the interface they select Duplicate Images, then the
master server they want to dupe the images from.  But when they select the
date range and click search, nothing shows up.  I verified that there were
images to view from the command line, and even passed the exact cli that
Java does to retrieve this information and it worked fine from the command
line.

I decided to attempt another test, this time I chose to verify, which
ultimately functions the same as bpduplicate (they use the exact parameter
switches), and that worked just fine.

Any one have any knowledge of a potential bug with Java?  Or know of a
workaround for this?

Thanks

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com