Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing volume group of a netbackup tape

2002-02-11 07:42:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing volume group of a netbackup tape
From: plb AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:42:35 +0100
Tim:

Yes,  vmchange is the command you are looking for.

First, to get the day the tape was written, look at the "last_mounted"
field from vmquery.
(Example below is from NBUX using the vmquery() function.)

         last_mounted = [Mon Dec 31 12:31:34 2001]

In this case, just break out "Mon" and derive your volume group name from that.

For offsite shipment and return dates, there are a couple other convenient
fields that Veritas
doesn't tell you about.  (Ever wonder how BPVault does its dirty work?)

                         offsite_location = [-]
                        offsite_sent_date = [-]
                      offsite_return_date = [-]

The command  flags you want are: