Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate media ID

2002-02-08 19:45:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate media ID
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Shchuka, Konstantin)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:45:19 -0800
On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 12:22:59AM +0100, Peter L. Buschman wrote:

> Kevin:
>
> Check out the "bpimmedia -L" command.  This should show you the media ID
> and copy number along with
> the backup ID that matches what you are seeing from bpimagelist.

I looked at the output of the "bpimmedia -L" command but it is not
obvious how to tell which duplicates were created now.

I chose a bit different approach. After duplicating the tapes with
bpduplicate command I run bpmedialist command and filter it's
output to get media ids written today. Here are the relevant parts
of my script:

# duplacate FULLs created during last HOURSAGO
$BPDUPLICATE -dstunit $DSTUNIT -v -st FULL -hoursago $HOURSAGO -dp $POOL -L
$BPDUPLOG
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpduplicate -dstunit vagus-dlt2-robot-tld-1
-v -st FULL -hoursago
 168 -dp dup -L bpdup.log

#
# find what tapes had been written
MEDIA=$($BPMEDIALIST -mlist -l -p $POOL | $WRMEDIALIST)
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -mlist -l -p dup

WRMEDIALIST is a short perl script:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
#
# filter output of bpmedialist -l command and return media ids written today

($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$dst) = localtime(time);
$result = "";
while (<>) {
        @media = split ,$_;
        $media_id = $media[0];
        $last_written = $media[5];
        ($m_sec,$m_min,$m_hour,$m_mday,$m_mon,$m_year,$m_wday,$m_yday,$m_dst) =
localtime($last_writ
ten);
        $result .= $media_id." " if $m_yday == $yday;
}
print $result;

HTH, -Kastus