Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] list-owner requests

2002-02-07 18:11:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] list-owner requests
From: doug AT Eng.Auburn DOT EDU (Doug Hughes)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:11:49 -0600 (CST)
Hey gang, friendly list owner here. I've got to put on my "I've already
got a lot of other work to do without approving requests" hat. :)

Please don't post huge attachments or whatnot on the list. Put them up
on a web page, and send people the URL.

Also, if you get a message saying "your posting is being held for
approval", it means that you are posting from an address other than
that which you used to subscribe to the list. This could be because you're
posting from home while subscribed at work, or posting from an alias,
or your corp gateway does name remapping, or whatever.

So, I'm going to be a little hardnosed today. I'm going to reject all
11 postings. If you are one of these people, either

1) put the big thing on a web page
2) change your subscribed address to match your mail address
3) if you want to post from multiple accounts, subscribe both and
then go into Edit Options and set one of them to NoMail.

And remember, it's not me that's making the decision to hold your
messages for approval. It's anti-spam software. And it works, so
try not to gripe about it. thanks. :)

        Doug

</periodic reminder>