Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Flashbackup question

2002-02-07 14:59:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Flashbackup question
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:59:35 -0500
Yes,
        All other things being equal, the bpfsmap(process that maps the inodes
for FlashBackup) will do the inode walk faster on the system with fewer inodes.
 However, there are so many other things that can affect performance such as
disk speed, disk/raid load, disk where you write the temporary files for the
bpfsmap, memory availability, cpu load, etc...

paulg