Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple interface on the master server

2002-02-07 12:16:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple interface on the master server
From: sibley_ken AT accorel DOT com (SIBLEY, Ken R. - ACCOREL)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:16:30 -0600
We run this type of scenario.
Sun E450 Solaris 2.6 master
Primary interface ge0 (corporate network)
Second interface qfe0 (actually qfe0 & qfe1 trunked)
  (this is a Unix server only backup network
   just for server to server and backup traffic)

The first entry in the bp.conf has to be the
master server.  Ours has the corporate network
connection name.  This also corresponds to the
hostname.  If none of your NIC system names
match the hostname of the system then I don't
know; otherwise the first entry should be the
same as the hostname of the master.

It works great for getting greater throughput
to the server.  Up until the last 2 weeks when
we got SSO working we were backing up 45+ systems
(NT, 2000, Solaris, HP-UX) totaling just over
1TB of data per night through these network
connections.

Ken Sibley
Sr. Unix Administrator
Accor Economy Lodging