Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving a backup/media server to a new platform

2002-02-07 10:05:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving a backup/media server to a new platform
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:05:15 -0600
Yes. I agree...I've done literally dozens of these and keeping the hostname
is a good idea....it gets real tricky otherwise.

I would also suggest that you completely understand the differences between
the media and master servers, what dbs each function owns and why.  I'd
review very closely the functional overview in Appendix A of the
troubleshooting guide (I think its still there...if not check the admin
guide).

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com