Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple interface on the master server

2002-02-07 09:58:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple interface on the master server
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:58:31 -0500 (EST)
Timothy J. Arnold writes:
> If I remember correctly:
>
> You will need to put the following entries in the *servers* bp.conf
> file:
>
> SERVER=<PRIMARY INTERFACE HOSTNAME>
> SERVER=<SECONDARY INTERFACE HOSTNAME>
> SERVER=.....

The first one should be whatever matches the output of uname -n so
that bprd/bpdbm will start.

> Then in your *clients* bp.conf file add the entry to the server they
> would connect to on that network.

Correct, different clients would need to have different entries
depending on how each "sees" the master.

> If your clients also have vitual hosts then you will need to add for
> each virtual host (inc primary host) in the *clients* bp.conf:
>
> CLIENT_NAME=<PRIMARY HOST>
> CLIENT_NAME=<VIRTUAL HOST>

Only one CLIENT_NAME value is used, so one of these two would just be
ignored.  Use the one which is the same as the one used in the class
configuration.