Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Failed to eject cleaning tape

2002-02-06 17:30:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Failed to eject cleaning tape
From: shinn AT ssc.ucla DOT edu (Shinn Wu)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:30:31 -0800 (PST)
We have 3.4GA running on Solaris 7 connecting to Qualstar 68240 with 4
SDLT drives.  Each time when the drive performed auto-cleaning, it failed
to ejected to cleaning tape and therefore down the drive.  I had to turn
off/on the tape library and use front panel to move cleaning tape to its
slot.  It happened in every drive and Veritas tech supported also failed
to help.  We have another unit running 3.2GA that has 4 DLT 7000 drive and
everything worked smoothly with cleaning tape (after cleaning, it would
automatically move to cleaning tape to its own slot).  Did anyone have
similar experience with SDLT drive?  Thanks.

Shinn Wu                       |  Email: shinn AT ssc.ucla DOT edu
UCLA Social Sciences Computing |  Phone: (310) 825-4001
2041 Public Policy BLDG        |  Fax:   (310) 825-4936
LA, CA 90095-1470              |  Http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/~shinn