Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IBM ATL robot installation

2002-02-05 22:29:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IBM ATL robot installation
From: marijan AT defcen.gov DOT au (Marijan Rupcic)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:29:33 +1100
Daniel

We run an IBM ATL 3494 with SCSI attached drives to a unix Solaris
Netbackup server. We had to install 2 pieces of IBM software on the
Solaris server: IBMtape, the driver for the tape drive, and lmcpd, the
daemon that communicates with the Library Manager on the ATL. These two
pieces of IBM software were needed for Netbackup to use the library.

The details are in the 'IBM SCSI Tape Drive Medium Changer, and Library
Device Drivers Installation and User's Guide' (IBM GC35-0154-03 manual
number). There may be a similar manual for native FC drives. In our
manual, there is a chapter on installing software for Windows NT as
well.

Also, the Netbackup 'Media Manager System Administrator's Guide for
Unix' in Appendix G has details on configuring an ATL for Netbackup.
Presumably there is similar info in the Windows admin guide.

Both the above manuals were needed to get the config right.

Marijan