Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2000, Active Directory, mailbox

2002-02-04 16:05:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2000, Active Directory, mailbox
From: spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us (Spearman, David)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:05:34 -0500
Michael,

I had some fits with it also and finally called Veritas. Yes you have to set
up the new Mailbox and it must be unique. I used ZZZ. As long as your
mailbox is unique it will be fine. I also set the NBU services on the client
to start up using the Exchange Admin user ID. It is important that the new
mail client be part of the Exchange admin group, I don't belive it has to be
domain admin. The directions in the Admin guide are correct. The other very
important thing they had me do was uninstall the client, then reinstall in
this order, 3.4 client, jumbo patch j0850645, then patch 341_1. There is
also a new 341_2 patch that has some exchange fixes.

David D. Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.