Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Runaway processes on NT

2002-02-01 07:05:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Runaway processes on NT
From: Paul.Sobey AT aleagroup DOT com (Paul Sobey)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:05:32 +0000
Hi all,

This morning, I came in to find 11 active jobs. Well I say active, but they
had all been going for 10 hours without managing to write a lot of data to
tape!

Killing them via the GUI had no effect, so I tried bpdbjobs -kill_all, and
got error 212. When I checked the process table there were around 30 copies
of bpsched running. Stopping the NetBackup service didn't get rid of them,
so I used kill from the NT Reskit. After restarting the NetBackup services
I found I could kill the rest of the jobs off properly. Has anyone else
come across this? I have bpsched logs if anyone wants to take a look.

Using NB 3.4.1 on NT4/sp6a.

Cheers,
Paul