Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vopie???

2002-01-29 15:26:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vopie???
From: steven.hanson AT uwrf DOT edu (Steve Hanson)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:26:00 -0600
I am, for the first time, trying to set up advanced authentication at a
new site where I've just started working.  I'm having pretty much no luck.

I have tried following the example in the manual several times and am
having lots of authentication problems.

My guess is that this revolves around the fact that all of the host
naming here uses fully-qualified names.  Thus, the main backup server is
backupserver.adn.uwrf.edu.  When I try to set up the vopie keys it tries
to set up keys for both backupserver and backupserver.adn.uwrf.edu.  And
then it looks like everything fails because it keeps using the wrong
keys - for example, when I run the java client it can't seem to
authenticate to itself for any of the operations as long as I have the
advanced authentication in place.

I've tried playing with the names_allow.txt file and trying to fix the
problems there but I've not had a whole lot of joy there either.

Has anyone else been through this before???

--
Steve Hanson
UW River Falls Ext 126